Whether you have a standard lip piercing, a monroe piercing or a side lip piercing, I recommend trying a BioFlex labret at least once. These labret studs are made from a flexible biocompatible plastic called BioFlex and they are extremely comfortable to wear. Here at BodyJewelleryShop.com we have a huge choice of BioFlex labret jewellery, some of which you can see below. The labret stem is made from BioFlex and they come with either a BioFlex ball or a range of metal accessories. These include cute heads like stars, jewels and butterflies, so you can really customise your piercing.
Because BioFlex is bendy but durable, it is much more comfortable that a metal labret stud. A BioFlex labret also reduces the risk of damaging your teeth and gums – a major concern with lip piercings. Unlike a metal stud, they do not rub your teeth and gums. This greatly reduces the chance of gum recession and tooth damage – believe me, your dentist will thank you for switching to a BioFlex labret! There are many other advantages of a BioFlex labret, which I have listed below.
Benefits of Wearing a BioFlex Labret
- Reduces risk of gum recession
- Reduces risk of tooth damage
- Reduces stress on piercing
- Moves with your mouth
- Safer in event of impact to piercing
- Extremely comfortable
- Feels softer than a metal labret
- Non-stick, so requires less cleaning
- Can reduce healing time
- Suitable for unhealed piercings
- Can be worn during MRI scans and X-rays – choose an all-BioFlex labret
- More acceptable to many schools and workplaces than metal jewellery