BioFlex jewellery is ideal for ear piercings and here at Body Jewellery Shop we have a great choice of stylish BioFlex ear piercing jewellery. BioFlex is a special form of biocompatible plastic than can be used to make piercing jewellery. It is soft, flexible and feels very comfortable even in new piercings. BioFlex is completely non-reactive, which means that is does not interfere with the healing process and it cannot irritate your ear piercing. This means that it allows your piercings to heal very quickly and actually reduces healing times compared to other materials. And because BioFlex eliminates irritation, it is ideal for sensitive piercings or people with metal allergies. If your ears get irritated by cheap earrings, I recommend wearing BioFlex for a few days to allow your piercing to return to normal.
We have lots of different colours and lengths of BioFlex jewellery that you can wear in your ear piercing. For ear lobe, helix, conch and tragus piercings I recommend a BioFlex labret; whereas a BioFlex barbell works better for daith and rook piercings. Most of our BioFlex jewellery is push-fit and we have a choice of clear, white, pink, purple, red, silver, black, brown and flesh tone BioFlex.
Benefits of BioFlex Ear Piercing Jewellery
There are many benefits to wearing BioFlex ear piercing jewellery. The most obvious benefits are its comfort and flexibility, but BioFlex is also easy to insert, trim and clean. I recommend BioFlex jewellery for most piercings, but please see below for a full list of the benefits of this wonderful material.
- Reduced healing times
- Eliminates irritation
- Flexibility puts less stress on piercings
- Extremely comfortable, especially for sleeping and under headphones
- Soothes irritation from cheap earrings
- Easy to clean – non-stick surface actually requires less cleaning
- Easy to fit and change accessories
- Trim to fit with scissors
- Can be worn in many ear piercings
- Ideal for MRI scans, dental and hospital visits (metal-free balls only)
- Very discrete – clear and flesh tone options available
- More acceptable to employers than metal jewellery
- Can be autoclaved or sterilised
- Great choice of colours and accessories