Magnetic nail polish is a fabulous way to create a beautiful manicure, but the trick to great magnetic nails is getting the application right. Magnetic nail polish is not hard to apply, but it is important to get the timing right in order to achieve the wonderful patterns that you may have seen on different nail art websites. The key to magnetic nail polish is the way in which you use the magnet on your polish. You should expect to get a magnetic design tool included with your nail polish – this is the case with our own Ferity 3D Magnetic Nail Polish. Each of our magnetic polishes includes a magnet with a specific pattern: star, swirl, stripes or pine pattern. You should hold the magnet directly over each nail while the polish is still wet, otherwise you may not get a fully realized pattern. As long as you do this correctly it is easy to get beautiful results.
Instructions for Applying Magnetic Nail Polish
To get beautiful results from magnetic nail polish, follow these simple steps:
- Apply a clear base coat to all your nails and allow to dry completely.
- Apply one coat of magnetic polish to all nails and allow to dry.
- Apply a second coat of magnetic polish and hold magnet over the nail immediately. You will need to do this to each nail individually. The magnet should be as close to the nail as possible, without toughing the polish. Make sure it is completely level and equally close to all parts of the nail. Hold it completely still for 10 seconds.
- Repeat step 3 for all your nails.
- Allow polish to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Apply a clear top coat and allow to dry completely.
Tips for Applying Magnetic Nail Polish
- Never allow the magnet to touch to polish
- Hold the magnet as close as possible to the nail without touching the polish
- Hold the magnet completely still over the nail for at least 10 seconds – otherwise the pattern will smudge
- Allow the polish to dry completely – 5 to 10 minutes – before applying a top coat
- Make sure the magnet is held level over the nail
- Apply two coats for opaque colour – if the colour is sheer the pattern will also be
- You can use regular coloured polish as a base coat for a different effect
- You can use magnetic design tools from one brand with any other brand of magnetic nail polish – mix and match!