If you want to make a statement while you stretching your ears, take a look at out range of UV stretching tapers. UV tapers glow brightly under UV light or black light, so they are a great option for clubbers or any one who loves bright colours. Most UV stretching tapers are made from UV-reactive acrylic. Not all acrylic is UV reactive, so it is worth checking before you purchase your tapers. UV-reactive acrylic is a lightweight, cheap and comfortable material for stretching. Most people find it very comfortable and some even continue wearing their tapers after they are done stretching.
How To Use UV Stretching Tapers
Stretching your ears with UV tapers is straightforward as long as you listen to your body. Everyoneâ€™s ears are different and everyone stretches at a different pace. It is very important to pay attention to how your piercings feel and stretch at a pace that suits you. If you have any problems stretching, take a pause and allow your ears to heal fully. Even if you have to go down a size before stretching again, it is worth it to ensure even, healthy stretching. Here is my method for stretching with UV tapers:
- Get the correct size tapers. Tapers are measured at their maximum size i.e. the bigger end. So if you want to stretch from 4mm to 6mm, you will need a 6mm taper.
- Stretch after a hot shower, when you skin is relaxed and pliant.
- Gently insert the smallest end of taper into your piercing. Slide in the taper as far as it will comfortably go. Stretching is usually a little uncomfortable but it should not sting or hurt. If it starts to hurt, stop at that size before stretching further.
- Secure the taper in place using O-rings. This will prevent the taper from sliding out.
- Wait until the stretching is fully healed before stretching again. This usually takes up to 4 weeks.
- Clean gently with saline or jojoba oil as needed.
Cool UV Stretching Tapers
Here at Body Jewellery Shop we have a great choice of UV stretching tapers including neon colours, cool designs and funky styles. UV material can be manufactured in almost any colour, so these tapers give you plenty of options to coordinate your jewellery.