Give your Halloween costume the edge this year and learn how to make fake wounds and scars that will look good enough to fool all your friends. Here at bodyjewelleryshop.com we have a great selection of Halloween makeup that is perfect for creating a truly gory look that will scare and impress too. A few essential things you will need are makeup to blend the material with your natural skin colour as this will give it a more realistic finish, plenty of fake blood and some moulding tools such as toothpicks and brushes. Once you have decided on where you want to put you fake wound or scar then you are ready to go simply follow the step by step guide below to get a freaky realistic looking wound.
Making A fake Wound
What you will need:
Skin coloured modeling wax (this comes in a light and dark tone)
Toothpick / ice lolly stick
Makeup including foundation
1. Make sure the area to which you are applying the wax is clean and dry.
2. Take a lump of wax from the pot that will be big enough to cover the area of your intended wound.
3. Roll the wax in your hands until slightly soft then flatten into a disc or oblong shape – making sure the middle is thick enough to create a gouge for the wound.
4. Add a little liquid latex to your skin then place the modeling wax on top and blend the edges into your skin.
5. Use the toothpick/ice lolly stick to carve the shape of the cut into the centre of the modeling wax. Slightly push up the sides to get a deeper looking effect. If you want you can seal your wound with a thin coat of liquid latex.
6. Use a small amount of black makeup in the centre of the wound to give it a darker finish then cover with red makeup for a sore effect.
7. Use foundation and face powder to help blend the edges into your natural skin tone.
8. Pour plenty of fake blood in to the centre of the wound and let it run out for a bleeding effect. We recommend using a slightly thicker gooier fake blood like the one below to give a deeper longer lasting effect.
9. Go freak out all your friends in to thinking you have been in an accident.
Fake Blood Gel
Making A Fake Scar
The same type of process applies to making a fake scar as to making a fake wound except you don’t need any fake blood. All you need to do is roll the amount of modeling wax you need in to a thin sausage shape and apply to the skin smoothing down each side so it blends in. Mould the raised wax to look like the texture of a scar from a nasty wound. Cover with a thin layer of liquid latex to keep it sealed and firmly in place. Finish with makeup to match your skin colour and don’t forget you can create a scar of any size you like.